The run with my friend this morning went well! It is waaay harder to run outside than on a treadmill. She clocked the distance at 10.41km (6.46 miles). Majority walking. We were out for an hour and 45 min. My legs were tired, but otherwise I’m feeling good! We are going again Thursday morning. Hopefully we can keep this up together! I want to keep the treadmill for winter use only.
- The goose G and I rescued was doing very well… and then it was killed by a skunk. The girl who took our little goose in was very upset. I wish I had gotten to see it once more before the skunk.
- Mom had a talk with my bro about him and his girlfriend, W. I’m pretty sure W has a alcohol/substance abuse problem. She drinks like a fish ALL. THE. TIME. I’ve only seen her somewhat sober at the beginning of an evening, and it’s always been super strange. Brother has been missing a lot of family stuff, not returning mom’s calls, etc, and mom had enough.
- W and I had a talk ourselves, about issues we’ve had. There was an incident at Thanksgiving that she’s held onto (my very best friend joined us for Thanksgiving and we ended up doing a couple minor things just the two of us - W got very upset and felt left out). I apologized for my part in the matter, however W doesn’t seem to think she has done anything wrong. Frustrating.
- I had a week of holidays beginning of July, spent part at the lake and part with G. It was awesome, and not long enough. Quading, tubing, fishing, all my favourite things, and G was there for most of it (Brother and W were not there, apparently some music festival in butt fuck nowehere was more important).
- G will be transporting crushed cars to sell in Regina. We had thought he’d be able to travel to a place outside Edmonton, however the money wasn’t enough. Now G will be super busy 6 days a week, leaving only Saturday free. This puts a damper on us seeing each other. I’ve been picking up more OT to try to save some money so I can go see him when I want (it’s hardly practical to expect him to drive to see me when he spends all week driving). It’s going to be a challenging couple/few months until they have sold enough cars. I broke down on Thursday morning when he told me. Of course, he was super supportive and reminded me of the time we will have together (long weekend in August) and that he will try to come down around my birthday. I made him a care package of all his favourite treats, some magazines, burned a bunch of cds and gave him my iPad so he can watch some seasons of shows. He was very happy. I love seeing him smile.
- It was hard to leave him this morning, not knowing for sure if I will see him before August long. We haven’t been apart for more than one weekend since we started seeing each other.
- Summer has finally kicked it. It is HOT. I miss Mexico. I miss the ocean. Summer here sucks, unless I’m at the lake! I am loving my A/C I bought last year. I just wish it was quieter so I could run it while working.
- I’m going to try running… OUTSIDE (*GASP*) tomorrow with a friend. I’ve only ever been running on my treadmill. She said she does walking/running too, so we should be fairly compatible. I’m nervous and excited. I hope I can keep up!
Female Olive Ridley Sea Turtle seen coming ashore to lay eggs during an arribada nesting event in Costa Rica
Picture: Ingo Arndt/Minden/Solent (via Pictures of the day: 16 June 2014 - Telegraph)
I was with G this weekend. On Sunday, we drove to the lake to check out a campsite for my mom. On the way home, we nearly ran over this little bird! G, being the good guy he is, agreed to turn around to make sure our bird friend was ok. I got out of the car, and the little bird came right up to me and let me hold it! We looked around for a momma bird, or even a pond or any water source close, and nothing. I didn’t want to leave our little bird friend wandering the road alone, sure to die. G suggested taking the bird, and leaving it on a farm with friends of his who have ducks and chickens. So that’s what we did! Maybe we should have left it there, but at least this way our little bird friend has a home and a chance to live :)
Update - the bird is a baby Canada Goose!
i relate to this and i don’t even know why
This is my step brother’s graduation present, finally complete! It is 7ft by 5ft 4in, weighing in at 6 pounds, and took about 160 hours to complete!
Bugger better love it, or I’m gonna keep it :)
Management at work told us that our hours of operation are changing. We’ll be open one hour later during the week, and open 4 more hours each day on the weekend. I’m not pleased. I will reach my decade of service in August, and I do not know how I’ve lasted this long!! They preach “work-life balance”, but pull shit like extending hours, midweek days off (which means we end up losing 2 weekends in a row), variable start times, etc. I do not understand why we don’t have shift bidding; tenure should be rewarded. Super frustrated. And we can’t say anything, because it’s for our clients blah, blah, BLAH! And the shit-disturbers are the ones that always end up fired. Fun times!!