My best friend came up for the weekend. She didn’t seem like she really wanted to be here. She wouldn’t tell me anything she wanted to do, nothing seemed to please her, and she left at 11 this morning, as if she could not wait to leave. I’m feeling hurt and confused, wondering what I did that caused her to not enjoy herself, and made her want to leave so early this morning. She sent me a text when she got home, thanking me for a great weekend. I just didn’t see her enjoy herself at all so the text doesn’t strike me as genuine.
I think I’m too sensitive to other people’s moods and feelings.
I miss G a lot right now. I wish he was here. He can always make me feel better. He lifts me up. Being around negative people makes that even more apparent. I’m a lucky girl to get to be with him.
Running in the morning with L. Cannot wait to get back out there, it’s been over a week.
Running outside has been going very well. We still walk part of it, but I’m getting better and stronger, and able to run more of it. Today we did 8.94 km (5.55 miles) in 1hr 22 min. I’m sure more dedicated runners don’t think it’s that great yet, but I do! I’m pretty proud of myself. I couldn’t have walked 8.94 km 60lbs ago, let alone run most of it. Yay for swanky new runners too!
My run buddy, L, is great. Unfortunately she’s going through a breakup and not dealing well with it. I’m trying to be there as best as I can, especially because some of her other friends have essentially told her to stop talking about it and move on. We all deal with breakups differently, and some are easier than others. I can sympathize quite a bit with her, there is a lot of similarities between my ex and what’s she’s going through now.
G made it up for my birthday on Tuesday! It was wonderful to have him here, he hasn’t been here for a while, I’ve been up there most of the time with camping and holidays and such. Unfortunately he left yesterday morning for a funeral. We made the most of the time we had. I took Friday off, and we spent the day at home, mostly in bed. We only ventured out once to go to this little lake close to my house and feed the ducks. It was amazing, and exactly what I needed. I will get to see him this weekend again, and will have 5 nights with him thanks to the long weekend and a pre-booked PDO. I’m still so happy with him, and I wouldn’t trade what we have for anything.
I’m happy :)
The run with my friend this morning went well! It is waaay harder to run outside than on a treadmill. She clocked the distance at 10.41km (6.46 miles). Majority walking. We were out for an hour and 45 min. My legs were tired, but otherwise I’m feeling good! We are going again Thursday morning. Hopefully we can keep this up together! I want to keep the treadmill for winter use only.
Many things have happened lately…
- The goose G and I rescued was doing very well… and then it was killed by a skunk. The girl who took our little goose in was very upset. I wish I had gotten to see it once more before the skunk.
- Mom had a talk with my bro about him and his girlfriend, W. I’m pretty sure W has a alcohol/substance abuse problem. She drinks like a fish ALL. THE. TIME. I’ve only seen her somewhat sober at the beginning of an evening, and it’s always been super strange. Brother has been missing a lot of family stuff, not returning mom’s calls, etc, and mom had enough.
- W and I had a talk ourselves, about issues we’ve had. There was an incident at Thanksgiving that she’s held onto (my very best friend joined us for Thanksgiving and we ended up doing a couple minor things just the two of us - W got very upset and felt left out). I apologized for my part in the matter, however W doesn’t seem to think she has done anything wrong. Frustrating.
- I had a week of holidays beginning of July, spent part at the lake and part with G. It was awesome, and not long enough. Quading, tubing, fishing, all my favourite things, and G was there for most of it (Brother and W were not there, apparently some music festival in butt fuck nowehere was more important).
- G will be transporting crushed cars to sell in Regina. We had thought he’d be able to travel to a place outside Edmonton, however the money wasn’t enough. Now G will be super busy 6 days a week, leaving only Saturday free. This puts a damper on us seeing each other. I’ve been picking up more OT to try to save some money so I can go see him when I want (it’s hardly practical to expect him to drive to see me when he spends all week driving). It’s going to be a challenging couple/few months until they have sold enough cars. I broke down on Thursday morning when he told me. Of course, he was super supportive and reminded me of the time we will have together (long weekend in August) and that he will try to come down around my birthday. I made him a care package of all his favourite treats, some magazines, burned a bunch of cds and gave him my iPad so he can watch some seasons of shows. He was very happy. I love seeing him smile.
- It was hard to leave him this morning, not knowing for sure if I will see him before August long. We haven’t been apart for more than one weekend since we started seeing each other.
- Summer has finally kicked it. It is HOT. I miss Mexico. I miss the ocean. Summer here sucks, unless I’m at the lake! I am loving my A/C I bought last year. I just wish it was quieter so I could run it while working.
- I’m going to try running… OUTSIDE (*GASP*) tomorrow with a friend. I’ve only ever been running on my treadmill. She said she does walking/running too, so we should be fairly compatible. I’m nervous and excited. I hope I can keep up!
I was with G this weekend. On Sunday, we drove to the lake to check out a campsite for my mom. On the way home, we nearly ran over this little bird! G, being the good guy he is, agreed to turn around to make sure our bird friend was ok. I got out of the car, and the little bird came right up to me and let me hold it! We looked around for a momma bird, or even a pond or any water source close, and nothing. I didn’t want to leave our little bird friend wandering the road alone, sure to die. G suggested taking the bird, and leaving it on a farm with friends of his who have ducks and chickens. So that’s what we did! Maybe we should have left it there, but at least this way our little bird friend has a home and a chance to live :)
Update - the bird is a baby Canada Goose!